Day in the City
On Saturday, September 24, we took most of the day
for seeing some of "old Singapore." We started at
the Historical Museum. Then went on a traditional
"bumboat" ride on the Singapore River, where boats
would actually bring the cargo into the city's quays
(pronounced "keys") for unloading right into the
shophouses. We then strolled along the river, walked
over on one of the many foot bridges, popped into
St. Andrew's Anglican Cathedral, and made our way
to the MRT station for a shopping trip to the local
IKEA store. It's always hot here, hotter in the afternoon.
If I'd known we'd take the wrong turn off the MRT I would
have insisted on a Taxi! But we ended up with a great
overall adventure!
for seeing some of "old Singapore." We started at
the Historical Museum. Then went on a traditional
"bumboat" ride on the Singapore River, where boats
would actually bring the cargo into the city's quays
(pronounced "keys") for unloading right into the
shophouses. We then strolled along the river, walked
over on one of the many foot bridges, popped into
St. Andrew's Anglican Cathedral, and made our way
to the MRT station for a shopping trip to the local
IKEA store. It's always hot here, hotter in the afternoon.
If I'd known we'd take the wrong turn off the MRT I would
have insisted on a Taxi! But we ended up with a great
overall adventure!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home